31.3.06

nahan si susan fernandez-magno?

The purple record tape came back to me from my brother after years of wondering who last borrowed it from me. I am talking about Ms. Susan Fernandez Magno's album. I got it from a leftist friend way back in college. I fell in love with her music the first time i played it on the delapidated Peys cassete player. My favorite is KUNG IBIG MO AKONG MAKILALA, first heard this from a Barasoain Kalinangan theater play and been looking for it since then. Then, I met and lost this song in college. Now i have the tape and the music and I won't let it go.

I am currently looking for CD audio file of the the music and looking for Miss Susan so I could ask her on matters about her music particularly this one. I am posting the song but i would suggest that you should hear it. It's a surreal poetry with haunting music.

Kung Ibig mo Akong Makilala
Susan Fernandez-Magno

Kung ibig mo akong makilala
Lampasan mo ang guhit ng mahugis na balat
Ang titik ko, ang dagat yapos kang mahigpit
Sabawat bawat saglit.

Kung ibig mo akong makilala
Sunduin mo ako sa himlayang dilim
Sa madlang pagsukol ng inunamng hilahil
Ibangon ako at saka palayain.

Kung ibig mo akong kilalalnin
Sisdirin mo ako hanggang buto
Liparin mo ako hanggang utak
Umilanglang ka hanggang kaluluwa
Hubad ako ruon mula ulo hanggang paa.

Isang pag-ibig na lipos ng lingap
Tahanang malaya sa pangamba at sumbat
May___ at ang tuwa at luwalhati
Iaalay mong lahat ito sa akin…

Kung ibig mo(3x) akong makilala.

2 comments:

Gelo said...

Padayon Chris!

Unknown said...

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for appreciating my music. It may interest you to know that after many years, my one and only album "Habi at Himig" (the purple cassette) is now in CD form. You may go to Popular Bookstore (Morato ext. near Timog-Morato rotonda) if you wish to purchase. Also, i have a regular monthly gig at My Brother's Moustache .. every last saturday of the month. Try and drop by with your friends!

Regards,
Susan Fernandez