15.9.06

Sunday Blogging Sunday

Last Sunday I was invited on the Kalipi sponsored seminar coined as KALIPI "AD-JOURN" (Advocacy Journalism):Basic Writing and Blogging Workshop. I was so lazy to sail to Makati to fix some work backlog, so I gave it a shot. After all I missed mingling with my Kalipi comrades and going to the LP headquarters. So I was there all day waiting for my turn to critique the participant works on the contents, the layout, the color and everything you can say about their blog.

It was only early this year when I attended a blogging conference in Makati as participant but last Sunday, ehem, as a critic of the neophytes’ opuses. If I sounded like important and connoisseur to the arena blame Eric for inviting me to do the deed.

More than being cool, I think the seminar is very innovative and revolutionary because it introduced a powerful, an important and free medium to the youth who are nowadays interestingly devote a lot of time using the internet to express their self be it on online games, chat and Friendster. The success of this seminar can be seen on how the participants can be seen on the online pages they created and maintaing it as time passes by.

Interestingly, a participant named Mel featured me on his first blog entry. Naks! Thanks pare!

I hope all the participants will continue maintaining their spots and be a part of the growing numbers of Pinoy who love expressing their self in blogging.

No comments: