Came all the way from a two hour flight, T-square muse Hershey did Brian Adams deadly and dangerous whilst Alden her hubby stole a scene with his wild interpretation of Basket Case here. While yours truly destroyed Wonderwall vocally here, balladeer Eio gave justice to Ogie's classic hits here with Apple playing Pops and Phynkee keeping an eye uhmmm meaning documenting the momentous occasion with her camera that captured Ed freely slamming and dancing like there's no tomorrow.
Well, Louie was out of sight and played audience that time but saved his energy for another day.
* * *
FYI, T-square is a circle of college comrades and classmates established during college days, freshmen days i reckon, in one or two overnight group project in a place that could be Alido or Sto. Rosario in Malolos, Bulacan. There was no great purpose of the founding but I think it was just a response from other classmates forming an alliance that utilised initials, corny as ever, to name their groups.
These are the things I remember with the group.
1. The founding members include Hershey, Raymond, JoJo, Ed, Paul, Louie, Eio and Tops yours truly.
2. Except for J, P and R everybody works in Shanghai meaning majority followed Ed and shifted career to landscaping. R was later encouraged to test the water. J in Qatar and P in Libya.
3. All of us are now happily married with 10 kids in total. H, E and J married to a person with the same discipline as hers/his.
4. Only J and P did not work in VHS. All of us worked abroad.
5. Except for E, E and H, everybody bribed for 700pesos a CO to skip CMT class but later found out the scam was busted and we all plunked Fascim 101. Unfortunately, the money have not given back.
6. H topped architecture academic excellence whilst E, E, T, L and R plunked Concrete finals and believed they were politicized. Eventually they emerged victorious and awarded a diploma after 5 years of blood and sweat. Naks!
7. Ed's bedroom, Ompoc residence in Alido, Errol's place in Catmon and Bgy Capalangan library were TS HQ's and witnessed to sleepless nights of drafting works, cramming and nightly escapades.
8. H once confided to E about numb R and T still remember it well. Uyyyyy!
9. E, E, R and T took the board together and hurdled it, H followed months after and won her license too.
10. T-square once dream to build his empire and do great projects but abandoned it after SEC said we need millions of pesos.
11. The group was named T-square, after a drafting tool name, to relate simply to art and science of architecture, but P's dirty mind always suggest a different meaning.
12. They were too rebel and prefer to join Barasoain than Bulakan, a sign of Saturnina's influence over the members.
13. Lastly, Paul was the father figure Tomador, R was the longhair pa Cute, H was the fashion statement colorful rock diva, T was the pathetic writer activist, E was the Big Boss, E was the daydreamer Romeo and J was smooth so fine Gary V.
Cheers to to a decade old friendship and may we all survive the trying times, be happy everyday and share good architecture to the people!!!