20.4.07

notes on election 2007

3 years ago i was very much involved with this undertaking. I remember that I went to Baguio, Nueva Ecija and Bulakan with my fellow liberal comrades during the campaign. That was very fun experience.... tiring but very very fun.
That was then....but with my present work status that is so impossible. Likewise, my political and social awareness have decline lately and I blame HK for that. I read the news only when i eat stuff in MiniStop and when i arrived home, tired from work, I just sleep. If i happen to turn on the tv to watch late news chances are the anchorman is saying his goodbye and goodmorning already.
But anyway i would like you to hear my 2 thoughts about this year election and all it blah blah.

1. I hate it when i see posters of the canditate with another politcal character. The utilization of Roces or Erap or any other character is foolish. That undermines Filipino voters because it only says Vote-me-because-i-am-identified-with-this-politician. We go back with popularity issue and those candidates are willing to use that again. Voters should not be decive with flashy advertisement or posters. They should inverstigate and be very critical in choosing the leaders of this country.
2. I love the political tv ads of candidates. Kasi, this is the only time that they will get into their knees to please their costumers. Parang nagmamakaawa after spending millions for their tv air time. When the El Shaddai had a rally di ba many senatoriables attended and stayed overnight? But Brother Mike did no endorsement evrything is laughing in me. Ewan ko pero natutuwa ako dun. Let me be ha.

I only have 3 weeks to think who are my bet. Yes, i will vote. I will do my right to vote. I still believe in the democratic process of election that someday every Filipino identify and weed out the evil among the few good political men.

No comments: